OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF YAYASAN ALBUKHARY – JANUARY 13, 201613 Jan 2016
Assalamualaikum Wrt Wbt and Greeting of Peace,
It has come to our knowledge that emails purportedly from our chairman, Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary, awarding a supply contract to some individuals, are making their rounds in the internet and social media.
2. We have also received calls at our office from affected individuals on this matter. This is a pure scam, the intent of which is, to tarnish the good name of our founder.
3. The Albukhary Foundation is mindful of the corporate governance in procuring supplies and is very meticulous in carrying out the necessary due diligence in our procurement of supplies. Hence this process will also be used in awarding contracts to the company or individual.
4. Proper process through the appropriate channels and companies are used in awarding any contracts.
5. We are a charitable organization with a vision of forging a more equitable and tolerant world through social welfare, education and cultural initiatives that bridge the divide between the haves and have-nots, and between the Muslim and non-Muslim worlds. As such, the foundation is apolitical and non-discriminatory.
6. Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar is the founder of the Albukhary Foundation and has served as the chairman since its inception in March 1996. His belief is grounded on the Muslim faith of Taqwa (submission to God) and Ehsan (Compassion) to create an equitable order in society.
7. He strongly prescribes to the values of hard work, discipline, honesty and humility. His commitment to society and nation building is unquestionable.
8. Hence, we would like to advise the public to be wary of receiving emails purportedly from Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar, the content of which is, about awarding them a supply contract. These emails are nothing more than a scam to discredit the reputation and good name of our Founder.
>> Back to News